Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Table Mountain Vineyards 2006 Rooster Red


The Winery: Table Mountain Vineyards
The Wine: 2006 Rooster Red
The Price: It was a gift, but I found that it sells online for $16

Table Mountain Vineyards is the first Wyoming wine I've ever seen, let alone tasted. They're located in Torrington, Wyoming. I had no idea that Wyoming had any wine industry. When I think Wyoming, I think cowboys, Devil's Tower and Yellowstone. Not wine.

The bottle was corked with a natural cork, which is a plus; however, the label is quite unprofessional looking. It looks like they printed it on their home computer.

The wine is a muddy red color, but it has pretty nice legs. It has perfume and strawberry aroma. The wine is...um...interesting. It is decidedly fruit forward. It tastes a bit like cherry SweetTart candy. It starts out sweet, and then it changes it's mind and goes sour. Then just when you're about to give up on it, it goes all sweet again. With each sip, you don't know what you're going to get. It's like a little roller coaster ride from Torrington. This is a wine that you probably wouldn't want to share with your friends. Or your family. Except maybe your mom. What am I saying? Wine should be shared. If you don't share it and just keep it hidden away in the cupboard, it just goes bad over time. And then nobody gets to enjoy it.

4 comments:

The Wine Whore said...

Great review! I agree, wine is meant to be shared... even if it is too good to give up. :)

Brian On Wine said...

Thanks, Wine Whore.

I appreciate the feedback and your support.

Brian

FredT said...

I've actually had this wine - if I remember it is from a wild grape or something like that - Give em a break, they are from Wyoming after all - which would explain some of the wine's craziness - Great Blog! Look forward to reading more on your wine quests!

Brian On Wine said...

Thanks, Fred! How did you manage to run across wine from Wyoming?

I have another wine from the same winery that I'll be reviewing soon.

Brian