Saturday, January 24, 2009

Wine Shop Review - Jack Cellars

Jack Cellars is the nearest true wine shop to my home. I've lived in my current place for nearly a year, and have driven past Jack Cellars many times and have intended to stop in. Today I finally made a trip to check them out. This is my new favorite wine store!

The owner, Jack Ewer, is very friendly and quickly makes you feel welcome. I am going to a wine party tonight, and told him that I was looking for something interesting to take as my contribution. He suggested Barrister Rough Justice. I only picked up one bottle, so I won't be doing a true review. Given the nature of this particular party, I may not get to sample it myself.

The store has a fairly broad selection of wines. Jack Cellars carries a good representation of both local wines and wines from around the world and in all price ranges. Overall the prices seem to be very reasonable. I noticed that he's charging ~$5 less for Sokol Blosser Evolution than it normally runs at my local grocery stores. Jack is very knowledgeable about the wines he carries and seems very committed to making sure the customer is happy with the wine they select.

Jack has owned the store since December 17, 2007, so he just celebrated his first anniversary. He has a lot of innovative and fun ideas for events at the store. Now that I've finally made it in to Jack Cellars, I expect to become a regular visitor.

Jack Cellars is located at 8016 15th Avenue NE Seattle, WA 98115. As of this writing they are open Tuesday through Saturday, 11:30 - 7:30. I highly recommend you check them out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brian,

Thank Jack for us for carrying Evolution from Sokol Blosser Winery! We hope life is treating you well. Cheers!

Kitri McGuire
Marketing Communications Director
Sokol Blosser Winery