Sunday, January 4, 2009

Deru Wine Decanter

My birthday was last week. My good friends Tom and Katie gave me this very cool wine decanter.

I'm trying to figure out exactly how I'm going to go about reviewing it. I think I'm going to find a wine that I'm familiar with (perhaps a Sokol Blosser Meditrina) and sample both directly from the bottle and decanted.

I really love the shape of the decanter. The shape is really cool and was designed to provide a huge surface area to aerate the wine.

If you're unfamiliar with the use of decanters, there is a a nice little introduction here.

I did decant tonight's wine as the first trial of the decanter. My initial impression is that is easy to use and it looks very classy. The spout is wide enough to allow for easy filling without dripping.

Look for a more in-depth review soon.

1 comment:

Hamster said...

So who has time to decant wine? Open, Swill, Sigh. You are funny, Bri-guy **C**