Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wine Shop Review: Central Market

Tonight I went to Central Market in Shoreline. Now, it's rare that I review a grocer as a wine shop. Few meet up to the standard of carrying an interesting selection of wines at reasonable prices. But Central Market is one of those rare exceptions. They have a wider wine selection than many wine shops, and their prices are very competitive. They carry a wide selection of wines from all regions of the US and the world.

What really sold me on the wine shop at Central Market is that they carry the 2006 Sokol Blosser Dundee Hills Pinot Noir (most stores in Seattle only carry Meditrina and Evolution). They also carry a handful of offerings from Syncline (though they are missing Mourvedre).

I will be utilizing them a lot in my search for decent wines at a decent price. Central Market could keep me reviewing wines for many years!

No comments: