Sunday, January 4, 2009

Eugene Wine Cellars B-Squared 2005 Pinot Noir


The Winery: Eugene Wine Cellars - B-Squared
The Wine: 2005 Pinot Noir
The Price: $18.99 at Haggen

This is a wine I picked up on a recent trip to Oregon. I bought it mostly because of the name. Because of my initials, my sister used to call me B-squared. So I had to buy the wine.

The wine has a natural cork stopper, always a plus for me.

The wine is a deep ruby color and has aromas of cherry and blackberry with a hint of oak.

The wine has predominantly cherry and berry flavors. The initial taste is good, but the wine unfortunately has a bitter finish. It's not a terrible wine, but the finish definitely detracts from the experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should try the 2006 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir and the Bellvue
Cross Pinot Noir. Both very good!