Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Wine Aroma Wheel

In a never-ending quest to improve my wine reviews, I recently ordered a Wine Aroma Wheel. The Wine Aroma Wheel is a tool to aid in describing the aromas associated with wines. There are three tiers to the wheel, moving from general (fruity, chemical, floral, etc) to specific (black pepper, walnut, bacon {and I SOOOOOOO want to find a bacon scented wine!}).

The obverse side of the wheel explains how to use the wheel and denotes the characteristics of common wine varietals. I'm hoping that the wheel will expand the adjectives I use to describe the wines that I review.

Here's the thing. I ordered a couple of extra wine wheels. I intend on giving them out as prizes for upcoming contests on the site. If anybody has any suggestions on compelling suggestions, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: