Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bridlewood 2004 Reserve Syrah


The Winery: Bridlewood
The Wine: 2004 Reserve Syrah
The Price: $15.99 at QFC (on sale - regularly priced at $24.99)

Bridlewood is a California winery located in Santa Barbara County. They have fours tiers of wines (Winner's Circle, Estate, Reserve and Central Coast).

The bottle for this wine is sealed with a natural cork, garnering points from the beginning. The wine is a dark ruby color.

The wine has aromas of black pepper, blackberries, tobacco and prunes.

The wine has a pronounced pepper flavor, with a hint of tobacco and a berry flavor on the finish. It is a fairly dry wine, and has less of a fruity flavor than I tend to look for in a wine.

This is a very interesting wine. Technically speaking, I think it's a very good, well-crafted wine. I'm torn between whether I actually like it, however. I take a sip and don't care for it. Then I take another sip and I like it. This wine is fairly bold, and would stand up well against strong foods, or even a mild cigar.

No comments: