Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dellatorri 2007 Pinot Grigio


The Winery: Dellatorri
The Wine: 2007 Pinot Grigio
The Price: Unfortunately I neglected to note the price. I believe it was $9, but I'm really not certain.

Dellatorri is an Italian winery that is located on the cliffs along the ocean. Other than that, I was unable to find much information about the winery.

The wine is light golden straw in color, with a very slight red tinge to it. It has a light, citrusy smell with a bit of a mineral scent to it, as well.

The wine has a fresh, light, citrus flavor. It also has a very subtle pear/apple flavor. It's not a terribly sweet wine, nor is it dry. It's one of those wines that doesn't commit one way or the other. It's not good and it's not bad. It's not sweet and it's not dry. I'm much more taken by the cobalt bottle than I am by the wine. In fact, now that I think about it, why did they waste such a bold bottle on such a non-committal wine?

No comments: