Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Irony 2005 Pinot Noir



The Winery: Irony
The Wine: 2005 Pinot Noir
The Price: On sale for $13.99 at QFC.

I selected this wine based solely on the name. I have a love for irony, so the name of the wine drew me in. Sold under the Irony name, the wine is vinted by Life's Strange Twists Wine Company, which I find to be quite amusing.

The wine is dark red in color, typical of a classic Pinot Noir. It has scents of plums, cherries and berries.

The wine has a slightly thin feel to it. The flavor is also fairly thin. It has a fruity flavor - cherries and raspberries - with a pepper finish. After a couple of sips, flavors of current and coffee start to develop. It is not as rich and velvety as I have come to expect from Pinot Noir. It's not a bad wine by any means. But it just does not knock my socks off. For the price, it's a decent wine. For my money, though, I'd rather cough up another $5 or so and get a nicer Pinot Noir.

No comments: