Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mike Ditka 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon


The Winery: Mike Ditka Wines (produced by Mendocino Wine Company)
The Wine: 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon
The Price: Available online for $19.99

This is the second of three Mike Ditka wines I will be reviewing. Given how good the Mike Ditka 2005 Kick Ass Red was, I had very high expectations for the 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon, despite the fact that this wine is less than half the cost of the Kick Ass Red.

This wine has a fruity smell, with plum being the predominant scent. The wine is dark red in color. This is a very rich, velvety wine. As projected by the aroma, the wine has a plum flavor, with a hint of currant. This is a very good wine, and is priced very appropriated.

If the Kick Ass Red is the Super Bowl Champion of wines, then the 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon NFC Division Champion of wines.

I like football a lot. Usually I serve beer with my games. I think that this year, I will serve some Mike Ditka wines during a game. Maybe for the August 16 preseason game between my Seahawks and Da Bears. I have one Ditka Wine left to review - the Chardonay. Look for that review in the next week or so.

No comments: