Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Woodinville Wine Cellars 2006 Syrah Columbia Valley


The Winery: Woodinville Wine Cellars
The Wine: 2006 Syrah Columbia Valley
The Price: $30 at Jack Cellars

I'd never had any wine from Woodinville Wine Cellars until a recent tasting at Jack Cellars. All of the wines they were pouring were very good. I particularly enjoyed the 2006 Indomitable, which I may review soon if I don't crack it open before getting around to reviewing it.

The 2006 Syrah Columbia Valley was stopped with a natural cork, and was decanted an hour before tasting.

This is a very dark red wine. One of the darker wines that I've encountered. The wine has aromas of blackberry, prune and blueberry. The wine has big fruit flavors of blackberry and plum with a slight hint of blueberry and a barely perceptible mint flavor. It has a definite pepper taste, typical of Syrah, but it's not overdone.

This is an excellent wine, well worth the price.

No comments: