Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wine By Joe 2007 Pinot Noir


The Winery: Wine By Joe
The Wine: 2007 Pinot Noir
The Price: $13.99 at QFC (marked down from $19.99)

Wine by Joe is a winery that I've been reviewing for several months. I like the name and the label. And when I saw it $6 off at the store, I knew it was time.

Looking at their website, it's clear that these guys don't take themselves too seriously. They seem like the kind of people I'd enjoy hanging out with.

The wine bottle was capped with a screw-top. A little disappointing, but it fits with their casual approach. I decanted the wine 45 minutes before tasting it.

The wine is a little light in color for a Pinot Noir. It doesn't have quite the deep, dark, penetrating color that I'm used to seeing.

The wine has aromas of cherries and blackberries. It doesn't have the bold aroma that I would expect.

The wine is fairly fruit forward, with the primary flavor being tart cherry. It has a subtle berry flavor, and a peppery finish. It's definitely on the lighter end of the spectrum for Pinot Noir.

At $20, this is an okay wine. At $13.99 it's a bargain.

1 comment:

The Wine Whore said...

I have always wanted to try this one... I love its attitude! Cheers!