Sunday, April 26, 2009

Recession Review: Columbia Crest 2007 Two Vines Chardonnay


The Winery: Columbia Crest
The Wine: 2007 Two Vines Chardonnay
The Price: $6.99 at QFC (marked down from $9.99)

I don't normally drink a lot of Chardonnay. It's not one of my favorite varietals, but today I was in a mood Chardonnay.

This wine was stopped with a natural cork. It is light both in color and aroma. The wine has aromas of pear and apple, with a slight woody aroma.

The wine is slightly sweeter than Chardonnays I've sampled. It has pear and apple flavors, with a pepper finish. It has a a very nice texture - reminiscent of of a Late-Harvest/Cellarmaster's Riesling.

This is one of the better Chardonnays I've had. A strict Chardonnay purist may not like its lighter, sweeter flavor, but I think it's a very good wine.

No comments: