Monday, October 13, 2008

Columbia Winery 2002 Cabernet Sauvignon

The Winery: Columbia Winery
The Wine: 2002 Cabernet Sauvignon
The Price: $21.99 (marked down from $27.99).

I have a very busy week, so I'm getting this week's review done a couple days early.

Tonight's wine is another selection from Columbia Winery. This is from their David Lake signature wine series. When I opened the bottle there was a lot of sediment on and around the cork. This wine is 18% Merlot, 82% Cabernet Sauvignon.

The wine is dark ruby in color and has odors of cherries, plums and oak.

This is a very smooth, well developed wine. It has a slightly sweet flavor, with notes of cherry and berry with a very slight pepper finish. The wine is very, very well balanced. The flavor is unexpectedly sweet, but in a very good way.

This wine is best wine I've sampled from Columbia Winery. They've really outdone themselves with this one. I highly recommend this wine.

No comments: