Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chateaux La Prade 2005 Bordeaux


The Winery: Chateaux La Prade
The Wine: 2005 Bordeaux
The Price: $23.99 at Fine Wine and Cigars.

This review was inpired by an article in one of my local papers that I intended to bookmark, but I forgot. Anyway, the article was saying that the 2005 Bordeauxs were very good and many of them are now ready for drinking. So I went out and bought a bottle at my local wineshop. Not knowing one Bordeaux from another, I went for a mid-priced bottle.

I have not been able to locate much meaningful information on this wine or the winery. It is a blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cab Franc.

The wine is a very dark wine, owed to its Merlot/Cab Franc roots.

The wine has scents of cherries and blackberries. It predominantly has a cherry flavor with a mossy undertone. The wine has a fair amount of tannins present, and would due well to age another few years. Once properly aged, this has the potential to be a very excellent wine.

No comments: