Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sokol Blosser Cellar Club Member Happy Hour

Tonight Sokol Blosser had a Happy Hour for Cellar Club members in the Seattle area. The event was held at Palisade Restaurant, which has a great view of Puget Sound.

I know that I tend to gush about Sokol Blosser, but they never cease to amaze me. First, that they would spend the time and money to throw this event for their Cellar Club members shows how much they care for their members. It wasn't something that I expected them to do. It's a little extra that they threw in for their Seattle members. I think it was very gracious of them to go out of their way for us.

The event itself was fantastic. They had four of their people at the event. I met three of them. They were all the same great, helpful and friendly people that I've become accustomed to encountering at Sokol Blosser. They have a winning team and a great formula for success.

They were pouring Evolution and Meditrina at the event. Both are fine wines, so I won't go into detail about them again.

The Sokol Blosser staff did a good job of mixing with the crowd and making everybody feel welcome. Jeff, in particular, was very visible and did a fantastic job of being the host of the party. I also met Kitri, with whom I have exchanged several emails over the last year. It's great to be able to put a face with a name.

In addition to the wine, they also had a fantastic looking spread of food. Being mindful of my waistline, I chose to bypass the food and stick with the wine. But from those that I spoke with who did sample the food, the reports were all very good. They had vegetarian options, which is pretty crucial in Seattle. They also had some very tasty looking meat options.

What could they have done better? Not much. My only suggestions for the future would be that they introduce all of the Sokol Blosser folks to the crowd. Also, Jeff was the only person with a name tag. I'd like to see all of the SB folks wearing name tags so the patrons will know who to thank. Finally, I'd have liked to see them bring a some wine to sell on the spot. I knew that I could order wine for them to bring up for me, but my last couple of weeks have been rather crazy, and I never managed to phone in an order. Barring that, perhaps they could set up an online order system for those of us who have crazy days, but can manage to put in an order at night online.

In addition to the great people from Sokol Blosser, I met a several other very cool other people at the event.

All in all this was a very great evening. Many thanks to the fine folks at Sokol Blosser for throwing this little party. I hope it's the first of many such events.

My thanks to all of the people at Sokol Blosser who made this event possible. It was a very enjoyable and memorable event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brian,

It was wonderful to finally meet you face to face at the Cellar Club event at Palisade! We really appreciate your kind words and helpful suggestions for the future. We were very pleased at the turnout and I, for one, had a great time!

Thanks again for your support of Sokol Blosser and our wines. It's people like you who make us realize that creating fine wines is only part of the equation - sharing them with family and friends over good food is equally as important. Cheers!

Kitri McGuire
Marketing Communications Manager
Sokol Blosser Winery