Sunday, September 7, 2008

Seattle Metropolitan Sept 2008 Top 100 Northwest Wines

Okay, I've read the full article, and digested it for a few days. Clearly this is an article for the Medina crowd. I still think that they missed some great wines that belong on the list. But the long and short of it is that Seattle Metropolitan was not creating a wine list for the average Seattle resident.

In response, I am creating my own list of top Northwest Wines. I'll probably stick with 10-15 wines, some of which I've reviewed here, and some of which are wines that I like, but have not gotten around to reviewing. Thanks to Kitri at Sokol Blosser for the suggestion.

If anybody would like to suggest a wine that should be on the list, drop me a line. Also, if you have any suggestions for parameters for the wine, I'd like to hear your ideas. At this point I'm thinking that for a wine to be on my list, it must be available for purchase either in stores, online or at the winery (ruling out the ultra snobby wineries that limit their sales to the exclusive few who are on their list). I am also considering a $50/bottle maximum price, but will probably focus mostly on wines in the sub $30 range.

No comments: