Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Eola Hills 2007 Pinot Noir


The Winery: Eola Hills
The Wine: 2007 Pinot Noir
The Price: $13.95 at QFC

I have heard of Eola Hills winery, but I don't believe I've ever sampled any of their wines before. They are located in Rickreall, Oregon. I only point this out because I like the name Rickreall.

The color of this wine is a shade lighter than many Pinot Noirs, and is more of a plum color. It has a very smooth, rich smell to it. It has scents of prune and berry. The wine has flavors of prune, cherry, blackberry and vanilla. The wine is not as rich and velvety smooth as a lot of Pinot Noirs, but at $14/bottle, this is a true bargain. At 1/2-1/4 the price of a lot of wines of this quality, this wine is a true steal. I know a few bottles of this this wine will find their way to my stash.

No comments: