Sunday, March 30, 2008

Estancia 2006 Pinot Grigio

The Winery: Estancia
The Wine: 2006 Pinot Grigio
The Price: $8.99, on sale at QFC. Regular price is $14.99.

Estancia is a new winery to me. They are located in Monterey, California.

The wine is a very pale yellow. The wine has a crisp, citrusy smell to it. The aroma is invigorating and lively. The flavor is mild and refreshing. It has apple and pear flavors. The wine makes me think of sitting on the back porch on a warm summer evening (but we had snow here, in Seattle, yesterday so maybe I'm just anxious for some warmer weather).

I like this wine as an every-day kind of wine. For what it is, though, this wine seems a bit pricey (had I purchased it at the regular price). I don't see this as being a $15 bottle of wine. I think it fits in the $8-$10 price range much better. But as I said, I like it, and would like to sample more of the offerings from Estancia. I would especially be interested in sampling some of their Reserve wines, particularly the Pinot Noir.

No comments: