Saturday, March 22, 2008

Chateau Ste Michelle 2007 Pinot Gris

The Winery: Chateau Ste Michelle
The Wine: 2007 Pinot Gris
The Price: $6.99 at my local Safeway.

This is yet another in my series of Pinot Gris reviews. This review is a reward for me. I have spent the last three days packing, moving, and I'm trying to get unpacked. After a very long day of hard work, I didn't feel like doing any unpacking. So I made a deal with myself: unpack 10 boxes, then write a review (okay, my mind heard it as "Drink Wine", so the review is superfluous in my mind's view).

Chateau Ste Michelle is just a couple of miles from the place I just moved out of. The grounds are very nicely groomed, and as a decent sized amphitheatre. They have a concert series every summer, which attracts some big-name stars. Last year I saw Diana Krall there, and ran into her hubby at the concert.

This wine is a pale yellow. It has a very refreshing fruity flavor to it. Although, with all the work I've done the last few days, the same may be said for battery acid. Still, I think this is a very nice wine. It has flavors of apple and pear, with a very light honey taste.

I like Chateau Ste Michelle a lot. I was surprised when I looked back through the reviews and found that I hadn't reviewed any of their wines yet. They make very good wines, and sell them at a very reasonable price.

No comments: