Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Saviah Cellars 2007 The Jack


The Winery:  Saviah Cellars
The Wine:  2007 The Jack
The Price:  $12.99 at QFC (marked down from $19.99)

Saviah Cellars is a family-owned winery in Washington's Walla Walla Valley.  They were founded in 2000, so will be celebrating their 10th anniversary next year.

The Jack is a blend of 86% Merlot, 6% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4% Cabernet Franc, 2% Syrah and 2% Petite Verdot.

The wine was stopped with a natural cork, and was decanted one hour before tasting. 

The Jack is very dark purple in color.  It has aromas of blackberries, cherries, vanilla and a slight hint of pepper. 

The wine is absolutely delicious.  It has a big berry flavor, with a subtle pepper finish.  While the wine would benefit from some further aging, it is very drinkable today and is a bargain at $12.99.

I must admit that I knew before sampling that I would like this wine.  That's because I recently had occasion to sample the wine and liked it quite a bit.  So I sought out a bottle that I could review.

No comments: