Monday, February 23, 2009

Recession Review: Hogue 2007 Late Harvest White Riesling


The Winery: Hogue Cellars
The Wine: 2007 Late Harvest White Riesling
The Price: $7.99 at QFC (marked down from $9.99)

When looking through my previous reviews to find a wine to review tonight, I was surprised to discover that I've never reviewed any of the wines from Hogue Cellars. Their wines are very available in my area, so I've had ample opportunity to sample and review them.

This wine has a screw cap, which is not a surprise at this price point.

The wine is a very pale wheat color. It has aromas of apples, honey and pears.

The wine has a very rich, thick feel to it. It is fairly sweet, having flavors of apples with a slight citrus finish.

I am a big fan of the Late Harvest/Cellarmaster Rieslings that are produced in the Northwest. This is one of my favorites. It is a great wine, especially considering that the sale price brings it into the Recession Review $8 cut-off.

No comments: