Monday, February 16, 2009

Recession Review: Columbia Crest 2007 Two Vines Riesling


The Winery: Columbia Crest
The Wine: 2007 Two Vines Riesling
The Price: $5.99 (on sale at QFC - the regular price is $7.99)

I haven't reviewed a white wine recently, so I thought it was about time. I tend to drink white wines during warmer weather since it's served chilled. Tonight I had a hard workout at the gym, so a white wine seemed refreshing.

The wine is corked with a synthetic cork, not a huge surprised at this price point. But a disappointment nonetheless. The wine is a pale straw color, and has very good clarity. It has aromas of crisp apples and pears.

The wine is very sweet. It has a refreshing apple flavor, with a very crisp, smooth finish. While I wouldn't want this wine every day, it is one of those wines that would be great on a warm summer evening. And at $5.99 it's an absolute bargain!

No comments: