Monday, June 16, 2008

Sokol Blosser 2006 Dundee Hills Cuvee Pinot Gris

The Winery: Sokol Blosser
The Wine: 2006 Dundee Hills Cuvee Pinto Gris
The Price: This wine is sold out. I got it in the latest shipment from the Cellar Club.

Sunny weather has finally arrived in Seattle, so I am welcoming it with a bottle of Pinot Gris.

The Sokol Blosser Pinot Gris is fairly light yellow wine. The wine has aromas of apples and citrus, with a subtle honey scent. The wine has flavors of apple and peach, with a bit of a spicy finish. The wine has a fairly complex and well-developed taste. It is a little dry compared to other Pinot Gris I've sampled recently. As I've come to expect from Sokol Blosser, this is another great wine. I'm sorry to learn that it's sold out. I would have liked to have snatched up a few more bottles for my collection.

No comments: