Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Shingleback 2004 Shiraz

The Vineyard: Shingleback
The Wine: 2004 Shiraz
The Price: $16.99 (on sale, the regular price is $25.99)

This review is for Steve in Australia. Steve asked what I thought about Australian wines. The wines from Australia that I've had have all been decent, but I haven't ventured much beyond the mass-produced Yellow Tail. I found it interesting perusing the Australian section of wines. Strikingly different from US produced wines, most of the Australian wines that I saw have screw-tops. Shingleback has a true cork (not a synthetic cork, nor a screw-top).

This wine is very deep and dark in color. It has a well-developed, rich and complex flavor and a very smooth mouthfeel. The wine has pleasant currant and berry flavors, along with a very mild pepper flavor. This is an extremely good wine, and I highly recommend giving it a try.

No comments: